- The discount medical card program is NOT health insurance.
- The plan provides discounts at certain health care providers for medical services.
- The plan does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services.
- The range of discounts for medical or ancillary services provided under the plan will vary depending on the type of provider and medical or ancillary services received.
- The plan member is obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted with VantageAmerica Solutions, Inc., a discount medical plan organization.
Managed and Administered by:
VantageAmerica Solutions, Inc.
1275 Milwaukee Avenue
Glenview, IL 60025
NOTE: This discount plan is not a qualified health plan under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
ATTENTION MARYLAND RESIDENTS
Some discounts under the Physician and Hospital Referral Plan benefit are not applicable in Maryland. Discounts are not available for all In-Patient Procedures and certain Out-Patient Procedures under Maryland law. Out-Patient Procedures at network hospitals such as laboratory and diagnostics services are eligible for the discount.
This discount plan is not "A Medicare Prescription Drug Plan."
- Membership in the discount drug plan entitles members to discounts for certain pharmaceutical supplies, prescription drugs, or medical equipment and supplies offered by providers who have agreed to participate in the discount drug plan.
- The discount drug plan organization does not pay providers of pharmaceutical supplies, prescription drugs, and medical equipment and supplies provided to plan members.
- The discount drug plan member is required to pay for all pharmaceutical supplies.
Attention MA residents: This plan is not insurance coverage and does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L.C. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00.